You need three things to navigate by GPS and they are (1) A network of satellites broadcasting the current time; (2) a receiver that can interpret the signal from several satellites to determine location, and (3) a digital zoomable map to display the current location and calculate routes to other locations.
Until recently the maps and routing information had to either (1) purchased as a complete package for Costa Rica from Garmin, Navsat etc. or (2) downloaded a bit at a time for the area of interest using a cell phone.
Option one was expensive with map and data package purchase. Option two could also be expensive because zoomable routing maps are big and phone data can be costly. Downloading was also unreliable because the most likely place to be lost (the middle of nowhere) was also the most likely place a phone would display no service. Now you can have the best of both worlds for free.
Most tablets and smart watches have built-in GPS receivers and now Google provides an excellent map and routing package for free download. Once you save the Google offline map package you can use your device to navigate even when there is no …
- Scale: 1 : 100000
- Folded Dimensions: 4.25 x 9.25 in
- Waterproof: yes
- Recommended Use: hiking, backpacking in Washington
• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Topographic MapOlympic National Park encompasses four distinctly different ecosystems in its nearly one million acres. National Geographic’s Trails Illustrated map of Olympic National Park offers outdoors enthu
List Price: $ 11.95
Price: $ 6.84
- Solo DL is a completely automatic lap timer based on GPS technology.
- Using its GPS based location, it identifies the finish line coordinates and automatically starts sampling and displaying lap times.
- Solo can be used in all of your performance situations: circuits, hill climbs, regularity, point to point races, and performance tests. Solo displays and records speed, accelerations, braking... all of the data you need while racing. Then you can review your data immediately after each session, this helps you analyze and improve your performance.
- The most important feature of Solo is to show your lap times. When Solo is powered up, it automatically recognizes the start/finish line coordinates of the track you are visiting based on the huge list of World tracks stored on Solo's internal memory, this allows very precise lap times with very little effort.
- With a simple keyboard configuration Solo can manage four different forms of motorsports: speed races in a closed circuit, point-to-point races, regularity and performance tests.
SoloDL offers all the functions of Solo, plus the ability to connect to your car's Engine Control Unit (ECU) and to the optional camera, SmartyCam HD: a powerful data acquisition system recording important data - like RPM, …